Following a surprise resignation by the Andhra Pradesh Cabinet and a major reshuffle by Chief Minister Y.S. Jagan, 25 Ministers were sworn in by Governor Biswabhushan Harichandan on Monday.
Five Ministers in the new cabinet have been allotted the post of Deputy Chief Minister.
Eleven of the 24 Ministers who had resigned have been reinstated in the new cabinet.
Who are the new Ministers?
The names of the new cabinet ministers are listed in alphabetical order.
The names in bold are the ministers that are reinstated from the previous cabinet.
- Ambati Rambabu (Water resources and irrigation)
- Amzath Basha (Deputy Chief Minister and Minorities Welfare)
- Audimulapu Suresh (Municipal and Town Planning)
- Botsa Satyanarayana (Education)
- B. Mutyala Naidu (Deputy Chief Minister, Panchayat Raj, Rural Development)
- Buggana Rajendranath Reddy (Finance, Commercial Taxes, Legislative Affairs)
- Ch. Venugopala Krishna (I & PR, BC Welfare, Cinematography)
- Dadisetti Raja (Roads and Buildings)
- Dharmana Prasada Rao (Revenue, Registration, and Stamps)
- Gudivada Amarnath (Industries, Investment, IT)
- Gummanuru Jayaram (Labour Welfare, Employment)
- Jogi Ramesh (Housing)
- Kakani Govardhan Reddy (Agriculture, Marketing, and Cooperation)
- Karumuri Nageswara Rao (Civil Supplies)
- Kottu Satyanarayana (Deputy Chief Minister, Endowments)
- K. Narayana Swamy (Deputy Chief Minister, Excise)
- Merugu Nagarjuna (Social Welfare)
- Peddireddy Ramachandra Reddy (Power, Mining and Geology, Forest, Science and Technology)
- P. Rajanna Dora (Deputy Chief Minister, Tribal Welfare)
- Pinipe Viswarup (Transport)
- R.K. Roja (Tourism, Culture, Youth Advancement)
- Seediri Appalaraju (Animal Husbandry, Fisheries, Dairy Development)
- Thaneti Vanitha (Home and Disaster Management)
- Usha Sricharan (Women and Child Welfare)
- Vidadala Rajini (Medical Education, Health, and Family Welfare)
The YSRCP spokespersons pointed out that 17 out of 25 positions were given to the ‘weaker sections.’